Employment Opportunity of Work Control Clerk (Tool room) in American Embassy, New Delhi
AMERICAN EMBASSY, NEW DELHI, INDIA
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 15-071
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Work Control Clerk (Tool room), FSN-1205-05, DLA-526153
(Personal Service Agreement)
OPENING DATE: November 17, 2015
CLOSING DATE: December 2, 2015
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 48 hours/week
SALARY: Not Ordinarily Resident (NOR) – Grade: FP-09
Ordinarily Resident (OR) – Grade: FSN-05*
*Starting salary will be determined on the basis of qualifications and Experience, and/or salary history.
ALL NOT ORDINARILY RESIDENT (NOR) APPLICANTS (See Definitions) MUST ATTACH
THE REQUIRED WORK PERMIT-VISA, RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR
CONSIDERATION. (Applications that do not provide the required documentation will not be considered)
The U.S. Embassy in New Delhi is seeking an individual for the position of Work Control Clerk in the Facility Management Services.
Applicants must apply on the U.S. Mission Application Employment Form and specify the vacancy announcement number. Applications not completed on the U.S. Mission Application Employment Form, or without reference to a specific vacancy number will not be accepted. Only completed forms will be accepted. (Refer to application procedure below) Only applicants who are selected for the interview will be contacted.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
The incumbent will serve as a work order clerk for the electrical/mechanical shops and the storekeeper in the Facility Management Services (FMS) tool room. The job holder will receive assignment/instructions from the maintenance supervisor for filing and other clerical jobs and will be responsible for issuing tools to FMS journeymen, maintaining a log and inventory of tools, ordering new tools, and disposing of broken tools/receiving new tools.
The incumbent is also responsible for the following administrative duties:
The incumbent receives requests/calls for maintenance repairs & replacement and passes these requests to the shop foremen or journeymen in the respective field for necessary action and maintain a follow-up report.
Keep current logs of work orders for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, electrical, mechanical, and rewinding shops.
Help shop foremen with completion/close out of work orders in the WEBPASS database after calculating labor and material used.
Generate various reports from the work order system. Completes all filing and maintains a log for equipment and work orders.
Coordinate and follow up with shop staff for maintenance requirements forwarded to them and make requests for material required.
Make schedule of emergency duties for electricians and maintains a record for shop staff time and attendance.
Prepare and fill over time forms and taxi claim forms for shop staff and submits access requests for vendor and contractor visits.
Corresponds with agencies for over time funding for all work performed after normal work hours.
Responsible for managing FMS tool room, issuing tools, and maintaining accountability and inventory of tools.
Dispose of broken tools and orders new tools as needed for maintenance operation. Update an inventory log for new tool receiving and broken tool disposal as required.
Perform all work assigned by maintenance supervisor and other duties as assigned. A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office. To request the position description, kindly send an email to NewDelhiVacancies@State.gov.
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. (Applications that do not provide clear evidence that all qualifications are met will not be considered. It is recommended that you attach a supplemental statement specifically addressing the following requirements).
1. Completion of senior secondary school (class XII).
2. Minimum two years of administrative experience is required.
3. Level III (Good Working Knowledge) in English and Level II (Limited Working Knowledge) in Hindi Speaking/Reading/Writing) is required. (When applying for the position, please indicate your level of proficiency for these languages).
4. Demonstrated experience of MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook applications.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement
or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs and hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Interested applicants for this position should submit the following:
1. Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family member (DS-0174) is available on website. Must answer all the questions in DS-174 application form.
For more information: Click Here
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the Universal Application for Employment; or (see below)
3. A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1 -24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; plus (see below)
4. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-0214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
5. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
If an applicant is submitting a resume or curriculum vitae, s/he must provide the following information equal to what is found on the Universal Application for Employment.