The Caravan, the country’s first and only publication devoted to narrative journalism, is a fast-paced, challenging work environment. We are a group of intellectually curious and passionate individuals, who value journalistic integrity and quality content, and share a commitment to storytelling. If you are looking to become part of a culture of professional excellence, we invite you to explore our career opportunities and see how your talent and expectations might fit within The Caravan. We are looking for skilled and motivated people to join our team, people who are committed to ensuring that the publication’s standards are maintained. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Reporter – Vantage
Location- New Delhi, India
Job Category-Reporting, Vantage
Job Type-Full Time
Deadline-5 February 2015
As the country’s first and only publication devoted to narrative journalism, The Caravan occupies a singular position among Indian magazines. Its stories present a unique mix of detailed reportage and lively and vivid writing, with a commitment to the art of storytelling, whether the subject be politics, culture, travel or art.
The Caravan is published by the Delhi Press Group, one of India’s leading publishers. Started in 1939, Delhi Press today publishes 36 magazines in 10 languages.
– Carefully planning, conceptualising, reporting and writing articles for Vantage, The Caravan’s blog.
– Working with the editorial staff to give shape to original material, and staying motivated and open to editorial changes and interventions.
– Staying up to speed on breaking news, especially in the areas of politics and culture in order to familiarise yourself with stories to follow.
– Importantly, to be a keen observer and fast learner of Indian politics, culture and society.
– 0-2 years of reporting or writing experience.
This is an entry-level full-time position at The Caravan office in Delhi. Night, holiday and weekend work may be required.
Please send in a résumé; two writing samples; two references (with names and contact information); and a cover letter to Vinod K Jose, Executive Editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Reporter, Vantage, The Caravan—2015” by 5 February 2015.
For information Click here