DREDGING CORPORATION OF INDIA LIMITED
(A Government of India Undertaking)
ADVERTISEMENT NO 5/2014
Dredging Corporation of India Limited, the largest Public Sector undertaking in the field of Dredging under the Ministry of Shipping, Government of India with a status of “Mini-Ratna” Category-I, requires “Trainee Electrical Officers” on contract basis to work on board our vessels:
Eligibility Criteria for “Trainee Electrical Officer” on Contract Basis
Should have completed Graduation in Engineering recognized by any State or Central Government or the AICTE. Must have completed 4 months (minimum 17 weeks) Electro Technical Officer Course from DG Shipping approved Institute. Age not more than 30 years as on 30.09.2014. Upper Age limit is relaxable in case of OBC/SC/ST candidates as per Govt. of India guidelines.
1. How to apply
• Application form at Annexure- I shall be downloaded from our website:- http://www.dredge-india.com & to be filled up by the candidate in English after carefully reading the eligibility criteria prescribed for the Trainee Electrical Officer on Contract Basis.
• The applicant should paste recent colour passport size photograph at top right side of the application form.
• Applications along with enclosures should be tagged neatly and not to be stapled.
• Interested candidates meeting the eligibility criteria may send their applications in the prescribed format along with self attested photo copies of the following Certificates.
1) 10th Class pass certificate/ Statement of Marks as proof of date of birth.
2) Statement of Marks of 12th Class passed.
3) Statement of marks of all semesters of Graduation in Engineering recognized by any State or Central Government or the AICTE.
4) Engineering Degree Certificate / Provisional Engineering Degree Certificate
5) ETO Course Completion Certificate from DG Shipping Approved Institutes
6) Valid Indian CDC.
7) Valid Indian Passport.
8) INDOS Certificate.
9) Basic STCW’10 Certificates.
10) Community Certificate (OBC/SC/ST).
11) In case, the community certificate is issued in any language other than English, an English version of the same, duly signed by a Notary should be produced.
12) Income Certificate of parents for OBC candidates (eg.ITR Return/ Form 16)
2. Selection Methodology.
• The selection is based on the marks obtained in Graduation in Engineering, 12th Class and interview.
• Filling up of vacancies is solely at the discretion of the Management based on suitability of candidates and no claim will arise for appointment, if vacancies are not filled due to un-suitability/insufficient number of candidates.
• The candidature of the applicant would be provisional and subject to subsequent verification of certificates/testimonials.
3. Number of Vacancies : 20 ( UR-11,OBC-05,SC-03 and ST-01)
During the training period Trainee Electrical Officer will be paid stipend of Rs 25,000/- per month.
5. General Instructions
• DCI takes no responsibility for any delay in receipt or loss in postal transit of any application or communication.
• Applicants should possess requisite valid Indian CDC, Passport, INDOS and basic STCW ’10 Certificates
• Before the commencement of training the selected candidates have to furnish service agreement bond and surety bond/bank guarantee bond to serve the Corporation for a period of 5 years on successful completion of training.
• The period for onboard training will be as per Corporation’s Rules/DG Shipping guidelines.
• The Corporation does not guarantee any employment to the candidates selected for training. However, after successful completion of on-board training , the Corporation , may, at its discretion, consider for contractual engagement of the candidates as Electrical Officers
• The training and subsequent engagement, if any, will be purely on temporary contractual basis and will not count for any claim for regular/permanent employment in future.
• Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category should submit the caste certificate as per the proforma of Govt. of India [Annexure- A (SC/ST) and Annexure-B (OBC)]. For candidates belonging to OBC category, the caste certificate should not be issued earlier than one year from the date of publication of this advertisement in the Employment News. It should, among others, specifically mention that person does not belong to creamy layer.
• Candidates, who have been awarded marks under CGPA/OGPA pattern in Graduation in Engineering, need to submit the CGPA/OGPA conversion to percentage certificate from the relevant university/Institute, failing which candidature will not be considered.
• Applications not as per prescribed proforma or without supporting documents or incomplete, in any aspect, or not fulfilling the prescribed criteria shall be summarily rejected.
For more details-Click Here